HOW TO PERFORM WUDUU(ABLUTION, PURIFICATION BEFORE SALAAT OR PRAYERS). LETS REFRESH OUR MINDS AND ALSO MAINLY FOR OUR NEW MUSLIMS.
The essential and voluntary acts are integrated here to demonstrate how the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to perform wudhu (ritual purification).
1. Making the intention (Niyyah) to perform wudhu as an act of sincere homage and worship for the pleasure of Allah(SWT). The intention is not to be uttered but it should be kept in mind during the wudhu.
2. Invoking Allah (SWT) at the start of the wudhu by saying “Bismillah” (In the Name of Allah).
3. Washing the hands up to the wrists three times, while rubbing them and allowing the water to reach between the fingers.
4. Rinsing the mouth with water thrice, preferably using “Miswak” – (tooth stick), tooth brush or fingers to brush the teeth and the gums. Regarding the importance of miswak, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, “ If it had not been a great burden on my Ummah, I would have ordered them to use the miswak at every wudhu.” Narrated by Imam Malik.
5. Cleaning the nostrils by sniffing water in and out three times.
6. Washing the entire face thrice using both hands from the top of the forehead down to the bottom of the chin and from ear to ear.
7. Washing the arms three times up to the upper end of elbows, right arm first and then the left. Arms should be rubbed while being washed.
8. Moistening both hands and passing them over the head starting from above the forehead down to the nape (the back of the head) and from there bringing the hands forward up to
the forehead. Do not wet the neck.
9. From the head, without wetting the hands again wipe the earlobes, using the forefingers to wipe the inner part of the lobes and the thumbs for the outside part.
10. Washing both feet up to the ankles three times, beginning with the right foot and the left foot. Both feet should be rubbed while they are being washed and water should freely pass between the toes.
After the wuduu then recite this dua ”Ash-hadu ‘an laa ‘ilaaha ‘illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu wa ‘ash-hadu ‘anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa Rasooluhu.
I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner; and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger. (Muslim 1/209)
Add “Allaahummaj’alnee minat-tawwaabeena waj’alnee minal-mutatahhireen.
O Allah, make me among those who turn to You in repentance, and make me among those who are purified. (At-Tirmithi 1/78. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At- Tirmithi 1/18).
We ask Allah to accept our little efforts to learn and teach others and we ask His forgiveness for any mistakes we do in trying to please Him alone. Aameen.
Join www.rafeeqee.com today
Mentoring website: www.rafeeqee.com
Discussion forum: www.rafeeqee.com/forum
Islamic Blog: www.rafeeqee.com/blog
Youtube Channnel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUzid4N7vQdix3RjvdZgLTQ
Tutorial page: https://www.rafeeqee.com/usertutorial