Another episode from the Rafeeqee Islamic Mentoring series…Reminder for the heedless & Knowledge for the ignorant
Ahkâm (Legal status according to Islamic law)
There are five kinds of ahkâm.They are:
1) Wâjib (compulsory) example ; As-salawâtul maktuubah (5 daily prayers)
2) Mustahabb (desirable but not compulsory) example ; using siwâk (tooth stick) before ablution/prayer.
3) Muharram (Forbidden) example ; zinâ (adultery)
4) Makrûh (disliked but not forbidden).Example ;entering masjid (mosque) with left foot/leg.
5) Halâl (lawful and allowed).Example ;eating bread.
A muslim should know what is obligatory upon him/her (at all times).Because whoever abandons an obligation intentionally would be purnished! Likewise knowing what is forbidden for him/her too.
The prophet-salallaahu alayhi wasallam-said “what is Lawful is clear & what is unlawful is clear.But between them are doubtful matters which most people don’t know and whoever falls into the doubtful matters has fallen into Harram (forbidden)…” (Al-Bukhâri & Muslim)
So to know the doubtful matters,one needs to be knowledgable so let’s seek knowledge of the deen (religion).
May Allâh grant us better understanding of His deen.And may His peace & blessings be upon the messenger & his household.
Kindly share this beneficial posts with your friends and love ones and remember to invite them to sign up today to the online Islamic mentoring activities www.rafeeqee.com